Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I have a CL2940 phone but the manual doesn't say how I can

Customer Question

I have a CL2940 phone but the manual doesn't say how I can hear messages left on my phone. Hopefully you can help me with this.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to a voicemail message?
Who is the phone company/carrier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Voice mail messages
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is just a basic phone. It has no built in answering machine, but can be used with your phone company voicemail.

There is no special button for that though. For most phone companies you pick up the line and dial *99 or *98.

-

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.