Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

LAST JULY I bought a Acer laptop, with windows 8.1. I could

Customer Question

LAST JULY I bought a Acer laptop, with windows 8.1. I could not adapt to 8.1 and got Windows 7 installed. Unfortunately my keyboard is behaving erratically and mixing up words that I type. Acer has given me all the label stuff to return it to the repair shop.
What I need to know is will they fix the keyboard and leave it on Windows 7 or will they return it with Windows 8.1 . I have hardly used it because of the keyboard fault. I rang the service dept but I couldn't hear the girl, She said someone would ring me back at home
My phone number is ***** 8 95624965 if you can call me, I know I may have voided my warranty by changing the OS but that has nothing to do with the keyboard.
Your comments would be welcome
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

If the problem is related to only keyboard then Acer must fix the keyboard and not erase your windows 7 os however before shipping out the laptop i would suggest you to backup all your important data files, pictures, emails favorites etc on an external drive.

disclaimer of all computer companies are not responsible of data loss. let me know if you have any question feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michelle. I am not happy with this site, I tried to cancel but it would not accept. I spoke to Acer a few weeks ago and got a different response so I do not necessarily agree with you. I am going to send it back regardless and see what comes back, I see $5 has been taken from my account already, Please do not take any more, Typed into somewhere on your site the words CANCEL but I do not think it heard me. I am better to deal with ACER direct when i can get someone to speak english in a clear voice that i can hear. So Farewll Michelle and have a beautiful day George Hamilton ( Irishman)
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your Acer. You have posted question with us and i have answered to the best of my knowledge however if you do not agree to what i have said you may experience when it comes to factory restore and data loss. My duty to let you know what happens when it goes to the manufacturers workshop. I will opt out as you do not agree and wish to cancel service from us.

Any billing issue you may contact customer care as being an expert we do not have customer info or there accounts.

Thank you.