GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My Nook HD BNTV 400 freezes some times, puts yellow lines

Customer Question

My Nook HD BNTV 400 freezes some times, puts yellow lines through text, is difficult use because it's slow, will sometimes connect to the internet and will put yellow circles around commands. I've read that resetting it to factory settings may clear up these problems. However, if I reset the nook, I loose all of my books. How do I download the books to my Dell PC Windows 7 and will resetting the Nook to factory settings work? Also, how do I recover the books from the PC?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is my top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

You have Nook account with barnes and Noble online , correct?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Every book that you have ever purchased should be there available fro download again at any time. You can safely reset your Nook, then simply set it up with the same emil address and password ***** you and use on the Barnes and Noble site. You shoudl then be able to very easily ownload the books that you want if you have wifi capability on your Nook.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If this particular model does not have wifi, then you can download the books that you want to be sure that you have, onto your PC from the Barnes and Noble site, then transfer them to the nook using the usb cable. If you need clarification on any of this please let me know and I will be most happy to assist you.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If my answers have been at all helpful to you, please be so kind as to take a moment to rate me so I will be paid for my time. If you are not satisfied, please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! If you still have questions I am committed to working with you until they are resolved. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help!