Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Gateway ZX4971 will not completely boot up. It goes to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my Gateway ZX4971 will not completely boot up. It goes to grey screen and the mouse cursor jumps in the middle of the screen in and out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I try to boot up, the computer turns on and sometimes it will say, windows did not shut down properly and I can go into safe mode. It downloads part of window system files and then says wait. It then will go to the grey screen which says Gateway, but nothing else comes up except the cursor flickers on and off the screen.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is out top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to boot into safe mode? If so, I can help you restore it to an earlier time when everything was working properly. If you don't know how to get into safe mode, I will walk you through the process.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
what is the windows operating system?

since how long are you facing this problem.