Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I have Windows 10 on my desktop and I done something that

Customer Question

I have Windows 10 on my desktop and I done something that has moved all my desktop apps to the bottom of the screen along the task bar - how can I get them back onto my main screen as shortcuts?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Please download and install teamviewer program from : www.teamviewer.com once you install the program, it will give you an id and password, please tell me the id and password ***** i can connect to your computer and fix this issue for you

Important : do not close teamviewer

thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already have teamviewer installed. My ID is: 760 500 983 Password 14qci7
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Connected now.

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All the shortcuts are next to the chrome icon on the taskbar marked with 2 x arrows
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Hold on please

Thanks

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

the screen still black for me, Do you see the shortcuts of your applications now please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NO - everything still the same unfortunately.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

I fear I am not making progress with this case, and cannot necessarily deliver what you are seeking,
so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets. If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Please DO NOT RATE MY SERVICE. This way another can take over.

Expert:  Cody replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you still have team viewer open?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Please Try this :

1. Open File Explorer and paste the following in the address bar:
    %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}
  2. Press Enter. You should be greeted with a folder containing lot of apps and actions.
  3. Find the Modern app you want to create a shortcut to. Right-click on it and choose “Create shortcut”. It’ll show up on your desktop.

You can also watch this Tutorial video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkyDYDOJ5uI

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does not work. Teamviewer is still open.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Please Press windows key + R and type shell:AppsFolder to open the apps folder. Find apps you wish to create a shortcut for, right-click it, and choose Create shortcut from the pop-up menu that appears.

Hope it work

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NO does not work either.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

1-Please Try to click the Start button and find the modern app you want to create a shortcut for and then drag that icon to the desktop. The shortcut will be automatically created and you can then launch the app directly from your desktop.

2-click the File Explorer icon from the taskbar. From the opened File Explorer window, navigate to locate the object whose shortcut you want to create. Once located, right-click the object.

On the displayed context menu, move the mouse pointer to Send to, and click the Desktop (create shortcut) : http://i.imgur.com/XS3Ue4G.jpg

Additional Information :

http://www.howtogeek.com/225654/how-to-organize-and-add-shortcuts-to-the-all-apps-list-on-windows-10/

http://tinyurl.com/windows10apps

Hope this help

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your suggestions do not work. I have solved the problem myself by right clicking on the screen and clicking "show desktop icons" Thanks for your help, please ensure I am not charged for this.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry i was not be able to help you, and i'm glad to know that the problem is resolved. Please do not rate my answer.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Please click here to request a refund : ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

regards,