Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I have an HP Pavilliondv7 and have somehow turned my WiFi

Customer Question

I have an HP Pavilliondv7 and have somehow turned my WiFi off and cannot figure out how to turn it back on. Can you help me? (Windows 10 operating system)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Follow these steps to diagnose and troubleshoot network issues using HP Support Assistant:

1. If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, the F12 key, or a key labeled with a symbol of an airplane.

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps.

• If your computer does not have a wireless key or the wireless activity light remains off or orange, then continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.

NOTE:

If HP Support Assistant is not installed on your computer, you can go to the HP Support Assistant site to download and install the HP Support Assistant software.

If your computer cannot connect to the Internet, use the steps in Using Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter in this document.

3. In the My devices screen, select your device from the options listed.

The My devices menu screen is displayed.

Figure : My devices menu screen

4. On the My devices menu screen, click Internet and Security.

Figure : Internet and security

5. Click HP Network Check.

Figure : HP Network Check

6. If a User Account Control message opens, click Yes to allow the computer to make changes.

7. On the HP Network Check Welcome screen, click Next to run the network diagnostic.

8. If the diagnostic test found no issues, close the windows and continue to the next section.

If the diagnostic test found one or more issues, continue following the steps in this section.

9. Click Possible Root Causes.

Figure : Possible Root Causes

10. Click one of the tool icons for steps to resolve the issue, then follow the on-screen instructions.

Figure : HP Network Check tool icon

11. After completing the instructions, click Re-check.

HP Support Assistant checks the network connectivity.

Figure : Re-checking the connection

12. If necessary, repeat these steps until the network connectivity issue is resolved

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

See below link on page 15 the picture for #9 on the bottom left of the laptop there is a button to enable/disable the Wireless network card

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01689926.pdf

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

page 7 on manual actually

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!