Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have used Rhapsody access years and understood the

Customer Question

I have used Rhapsody for music access for several years and understood the procedure for it us well. Now, however, the format has changed and I need some instructions, preferably written, on use of this new format.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to our other experts in the hopes that someone can help.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

I would be happy to help you with this and to provide detailed written instructions. I need to ask a few questions so I can provide you with the best possible service. What device are you using the Rhapsody Music service with (ex: on laptop, desktop, smartphone, ipad, iphone, or other)? Also are you using the Rhapsody UNRADIO servce or RHapsody Premier?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using a Hewlett-Packard laptop (on my desk). As far as I know, I am using Rhapsody Premier (certainly not Unradio Service).
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I will be happy to give you a call. Unfortunately, it appears that the payment has not yet cleared. As soon as it clears and the phone # ***** I will give give you a call. Thank you for your patience. In the meantime I will be working on some instructions for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will be glad to communicate either by phone or online.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I changed my credit card to American Express so you should be able to access the information.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Ok. I'm sure that you're phone # ***** pop up shortly. In the meantime I will be working on some clear and detailed instructions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am available to discuss the problem online if that will work for you, Allison (Greek Gal).
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this format the best way to contact you, Allison?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Yes, this is the best way to contact me. I see that you requested a live phone cal and I would be happy to do that but it appears that there may be a problem with the service at the moment. I was advised that you had requested it but when i click on the button to accept to see your phone # ***** does not display. Unfortunately, I am not permitted to ask for your phone number outside of it being provided for justanswer.com

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

I will attempt to offer you the service again and see what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Allison, I was able to use the older format to order songs by various artists and add them to my music list in whatever order I wished, as well as . This worked for several years and suddenly a completely new format came online when I contacted Rhapsody. What I really could use is a written description of the format so I can continue using the music I already have, as well as to order new songs by artists that I was able to find by searching the artist's albums. I had files of humorous or other narrative recordings, such as Bob Newhart and others, in different categories. I can learn to use the new format if I can get some instructions on the organization and on the means for accessing both my current songs as well as new ones.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Thank you very much for that information. I am currently researching. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just forget my request. I will try to figure the procedures out on my own.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

ok, Sam. I will go ahead and share with you what I have found and then i will opt you since it appears that you are not satisfied with me. The problem is that the old version of Rhapsody used sqlite, but the new version uses SDF. There are various utilities available that can be used to convert the playlists. I was researching the pros and cons of each and the best way to go. Hopefully that will be of some help to you. Have a very pleasant evening!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

This page has instructions for using the new program

https://help.rhapsody.com/hc/en-us/sections/202768148-The-Basics