Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

Windows 10 won't load. When I turn on my computer it starts

Customer Question

Windows 10 won't load. When I turn on my computer it starts normally, windows starts to load then the screen goes bblack and stays that way till I boot it, then it happens again. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, What's the model of the computer please? Is it a desktop or laptop?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a Dell cps laptop bought in 2010
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry xps not cps
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Please connect only the charger (no battery) and turn on and check. If that does not work, remove both the charger and battery, wait 10 seconds, and turn on and check.

Hope it work

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You cannot remove the battery without a screwdriver and I don't have one
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

I'm Sorry for the delay in replying, Please Boot into safe mode to fix your graphic driver issues, To do this you need to create a Recovery Disc by following the steps int his tutorial video : https://youtu.be/oUUBdz8ytPg Once you create the recovery disc, Please insert the DVD into your CD/DVD reader and restart your Laptop.

Windows 10 will reboot, click repair your computer then it will ask you to select an option. Choose Troubleshoot.

on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options. choose Startup Settings. Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in order to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.

After Windows 10 reboots, press number 5 (enable safe mode with networking), once you login using the safe mode option, press the windows logo on your computer + R. in the start box type : devmgmt.msc and press enter.

Now device manager will open, click on display adapters, right click on your "graphic card name" and select proprities

go to the driver tab, then click update driver.

If you need any further help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately, my computer won't work and I'm on an I pad talking to you so I can't download these things
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

This is a graphic card issue and the only way to fix this is to boot into safe mode and update its driver, I would suggest to use another computer to create the recovery disc.

I'm sorry about this, that is the honest answer I can give, JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you