Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

A phone on my contract is lost and I have to cancel the

Customer Question

A phone on my contract is lost and I have to cancel the number before someone else uses it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Which cellular provider do you use? AT&T, Verizon, etc.....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Verizon wirelessl

Verizon Wireless allows you to temporarily suspend your service if your device has been lost or stolen, and your line will automatically reconnect in 30 days giving you the chance to find or replace your smartphone.

There are no fees or costs associated with temporarily suspending or reconnecting with Verizon, and the process is simple. Find out more here. Once you are signed in to your My Verizon account, you’ll be able to make changes to your service. You can also access your account with the My Verizon Mobile app. You can also dial 611 from your Verizon mobile phone. CONTACT VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE ONLINE HERE<<

Your line will automatically reconnect after 30 days if you indicate your device has been stolen or lost, and after 90 days for other reasons. (Say, for example, you are shopping online and want to give a smartphone or tablet—complete with a service subscription—as a gift. You have up to 90 days before the service automatically reconnects, giving you time to wrap it up and gift it without paying for service that is going unused.)

You’ll have to determine whether you want to continue or suspend billing, too. Continuing to receive and pay your monthly bill means your contract will stay on its original timetable and you’ll be eligible for upgrades on schedule. If you suspend billing, your contract will be extended for the amount of time your service is suspended and any monthly payments will continue as outlined in your device payment agreement. If you subscribe to Equipment Protection, coverage continues throughout the suspension period regardless of your decision to suspend with or without billing. This includes Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), Total Equipment Coverage (TEC), Total Mobile Protection (TMP), and Extended Warranty (EW).

If you’re suspending service because your device is missing, you’ll probably want to let Verizon know that it’s no longer in your possession. This will prevent your device from being activated on another line. Doing so will also give you the ability to file an insurance claim through Asurion Wireless Protection or Verizon’s Total Equipment Coverage. (And if you have the latter, you can have a replacement device in as quickly as a day.)

Verizon offers extended suspensions of up to 48 months for active duty military personnel. If you’re enlisted in the U.S. military, you’ll need to contact Verizon Customer Servicedirectly to initiate the process.

When you are ready to reconnect your service, just log into your account at www.verizonwireless.com/reconnect and follow the steps indicated.

Visit VerizonWireless.com to watch a video that shows you how to suspend and reconnect your Verizon Wireless service.