Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

Is it necessary to use an additional screen to the one that

Customer Question

is it necessary to use an additional screen to the one that comes with it installed? if you use only the screen in place how do you get it out to clean it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What maker and model of device do you have, please?

As for getting a screen out to clean it - generally screens, esp. of the LCD kind, are cleaned in-place, with no cleaning solvents other than lukewarm water, and with a clean soft lint-free cloth, wiping them down with a dampened cloth essentially is the usual treatment.

Not a wet cloth, because that might introduce water into the inside of the screen or the device, with usually bad results.

Not with alcohol or other solvent, and not with chlorine-based cleaning agents - those will fog, or make opaque, the plastic surface of the screen, ruining it.

What sort of problem does your device show on its screen?