Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

My name is ***** ***** Kiddoo. I canceled avg sometime ago

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Ann Kiddoo. I canceled avg sometime ago and wonder why I am still be charged for this service??????
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I changed my system to another service and cancelled all avg usage but you are still taking fees on my credit cart.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please choose one of the options below, which will walk you through the steps of cancellation :

A-Cancel your subscription using the notification email :

This option is available for AVG AntiVirus, AVG Internet Security, and AVG PC TuneUp.

1-Open your original purchase confirmation email, or the notification email with the subject “Reminder: Your AVG subscription will automatically continue”.

2-Click the link in the email that discusses or describes how to cancel your subscription.

3-In some regions, a website page will open when you click on the link, click Yes on this confirmation page.

• You will receive an email with the subject “AVG Subscription cancellation request”.
  • Click the confirmation link in the email to complete the cancellation of Your Subscription.

4-In other regions, this link will open a website page with an Unsubscribe link.

• Click on Unsubscribe on the confirmation page and your cancellation will be complete.

If you do not receive the confirmation email even though you have followed these instructions, please check your SPAM or JUNK folder.

B-Cancel your subscription via AVG MyAccount

You can also cancel your AVG subscription via AVG MyAccount. Please note, that you may need to set up a new AVG MyAccount even though you are receiving emails from AVG. The AVG MyAccount is an optional service and is not created automatically for all customers.

To cancel your subscription from AVG MyAccount, please follow these steps:

1-Visit the AVG MyAccount login page and use your email address and password ***** log in.

If you receive a message that your email address is not in our database, create a new account. and please create your account with the email that you used when you originally purchased your AVG product.

2-Once logged into the AVG MyAccount, click My Subscriptions at the top of the page.

3-Click the arrow button next to your product to expand the product description, and then depending on your product:

If the product you purchased is AVG AntiVirus, AVG Internet Security or AVG PC TuneUp

• Select Off in the Subscription section.
  • Click Turn Off in the pop-up.

If the product you purchased is AVG Protection, AVG Performance or AVG Ultimate

• Click Cancel Subscription.
  • Click Cancel Subscription in the pop-up to confirm the action.
  • The extension for the next period will be cancelled and once your paid subscription expires, it will convert to a free subscription and you will not be billed further.

C-Contact AVG directly to request a refund and cancel your subscription

If your subscription was automatically extended, but you do not wish to continue using the product, you may request a refund. Please note that if we provide a refund, you will no longer be able to use the paid features of your subscription.

To request a refund please do the following:

1-Visit the AVG Sales Support page at http://support.avg.com/support_sales.

2-Click Request a refund.

3-Follow the instructions and fill in the form to submit the refund request.

Hope this help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 months ago.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you

Thank you