Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I've been dealing with this issue periodically since I got

Customer Question

I've been dealing with this issue periodically since I got the laptop unfortunately. It's not a pain in thte neck enough to warrant getting something different and I like the laptop as a whole, but it is annoying. And sorry to ask on New Year's day--I just have to use my computer for work as well, unfortunately.
Anyway, my laptop (ideapad P500) has this thing where when I accidentally hit a combination of buttons (I haven't figured out which yet, or I'd stop doing it), it decides to darken the screen substantially. Once it does that, the screen is quite dark, though still has enough light that I can see to type this post/see the internet slightly/etc. The brightness features make little to no difference. I've called lenovo tech support and the only thing that has made a difference in the past is uninstalling and reinstalling (or ocasionally just updating) my graphics driver/card. I don't know why that works, but it does. Unfortunately, because this only happen once every 5-6 months, I can't ever remember how to do it.
I recently hit that combo of buttons and it is back in the dark ages. Can you help me figure out how to play with the graphics driver/card? Or do I need to call tech support again?
Thanks,
Amy
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Amy. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which version of Windows you have on the computer?