Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

A few days ago I requested help to access my E-Mail file. As

Customer Question

A few days ago I requested help to access my E-Mail file. As part of that process I allowed the Microsoft tech to remotely access my computer to fix the problem. During his work my computer ceased to function and so the work was not completed but next day I found my problem was resolved. So using my computer as normal I noticed that I had an extra item on starting my computer "Test Fix Account". Obviously the remote access by Microsoft was still on my computer. Today I thought I might click on that and perhaps end the session but instead I now find I am stuck in that program and can't get out. Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is out top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Let's begin by goign to the Task Manager to kill the process. Try pressing the CTRL, ALT, and DELETE keys all at once. Let me know if this brings up the task manager.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If this does not bring up the task manager, please let me know what version of Windows you are running so I can provide better instructions. If it does bring up the task manager, scroll through the list of applications that are running and look for the one that is causing the problem. If you are unable to determine this, I would be happy to remotely fix it for you using Team Viewer a program that allows to you to grant me access to your computer. I know how scary it can be to turn over control of your computer to someone that you don't know. Perhaps knowing that youcan see everything that I am doing and that you have power to terminate the session at any time will help you to feel a little more secure.