Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I am having problems syncing my new lenova x315 to my

Customer Question

I am having problems syncing my new lenova x315 to my samsung sync master 910mp monitor. My other laptops work with the monitor but I am not sure why the desktop that I just purchased does not. Any advice? Do I need to change some sort of setting on the monitor? Is it not compatible? I don't know much about Lenova computers so thought maybe there was something I needed to do.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you have to press a Control key, to turn On the monitor port or external monitor port, on the Lenovo laptop.

With many laptops, that key sequence is

Fn-F7 or

Fn-F8

Try those keys (both at once, holding the Fn key down first) and see if, after a second or two, one of them being pressed makes a difference.

If not, it might also be a BIOS setting in the SETUP for the laptop.