yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

Can someone help me fix my computer? It gives me this screen

Customer Question

Can someone help me fix my computer? It gives me this screen (attached)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

that is not your computer. That is somebody sending you a message through some sort of message program like hotmail or aol or yahoo messenger or skype.

it looks to be a landlord asking his tenant to do a few repairs.

they might have sent it to the wrong person.

you can click the send button to reply to them if you are not who they are looking for

and there should be a little x on the top right to close the message itself or you can always hit alt F4 after you click on it to close it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I have attached the wrong picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the right one now
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

oh you got stuck in the bios setup screen

that is where you can go to make some changes to the way the actual hardware on the computer works. You normally need to hit a key when the computer is starting to wind up there. you may have done it by accident

just hit the esc key and it should close and start the windows operating system for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not. It sends me back to the same screeb
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

try F10 or even just rebooting the computer using ctrl alt delete

if it still pulls up that screen than there is some error that is putting it into that screen or a stuck key on the keyboard

if it is a desktop you can even try unplugging the keyboard and hold the power button down till it turns off then turn it on again to see if it will boot to windows and then you can plug the keyboard back in. if it does that than there is probably a key stuck on the keyboard that is putting it into the setup bios

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already try everything you told me. It always sends me back to the page of the pic I have attached.
If you can't help me fix it that's fine but please opt out. I really need to get this fixed asap
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i will opt out than.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Are any of the F keys stuck?

Do you have an external keyboard you can plugin?

Shut it off, take the battery out for 30 seconds, then put it back in and power up. What is the first thing that comes up on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The keys are not stuck.
The battery can not be removed. It is an ultrabook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

shutdown the device, and see if the hard drive needs re seated.

To do this, this video will give you some idea on how to remove it and add it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNtgE0DRzA

Also try going to boot tab in BIOS and enabling CSM

https://superuser.com/questions/524598/asus-uefi-bios-options-how-to-boot-from-dvd

Another option is to press F12 repeatedly on startup and choose to boot from hard drive

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not able to fix it. I tried the boot tab.
And I kept pressing f12 but nothing happened
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What's the boot tab look like, is the boot order listed. Is hard drive 1?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea. It does not say anything.
May we talk through the phone ?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

I can open it up to see if someone is available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thx
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

On the Boot menu of Aptio setup utility, change Setup Prompt Timeout to 0 (zero) Press F10 and save and Exit setup. Check the result. If it not helps, please go to Save and Exit menu of Aptio Setup Utility and select Restore Defaults and press F10 to save changes and Exit. If it also not helps, you ned to disconnect the builtin keyboard and connect an external keyboard to check the result. One or more function keys may remain pressed inside the keyboard(even if the key do not looks like pressed, the membrane layer inside the keyboard may remain touched)

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sir. The two options you provided didn't work for me. May we speak on the phone so we can get this fixed asap? Thanks
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

If so, One or more function keys may remain pressed inside the keyboard(even if the key do not looks like pressed, the membrane layer inside the keyboard may remain touched). You should replace the builtin keyboard to resolve the issue.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May we speak on the phoine to get this solved ? If not please opt out. I need to fix this ASAP
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

It is not a problem that can fix remotely or through phone. One or more function keys may remain pressed inside the keyboard(even if the key do not looks like pressed, the membrane layer inside the keyboard may remain touched). You should replace the builtin keyboard to resolve the issue.

Regards
Jins

Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.

Hi Can I get the model number of your laptop? Also can you post pictures of the advance and boot tab in bios screen that it keeps booting to.

Thanks