GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My gmail refuses my password. Then when I asked to reset

Customer Question

My gmail refuses my password. Then when I asked for information to reset password ***** be sent to my cellphone gmail says no phone # ***** How do I reset my password ***** put my phone # ***** my gmail account?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I get in my gmail account to fix phone# ***** redo password
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Please click on this link AFTER reading the entire message.

Google Account Recovery

If you gave them a cell number, they will text you or call you. If you gave them a recovery email address, they will get email you a link to reset your password.
If you can remember your security answers, you are in. If you did not provide a recovery phone number or email address, or you don't remember or have access to the phone or email account, you still have a chance. If you can give Google enough details about how you used your account, people you emailed often, when the account was created, labels or filters you created - or other verifiable information... you might have a shot.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

By the way, my name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is out top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Has the information that I provided been of assistance to you? Do you require further assistance?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to rate me so I will be paid for my time. If you are not satisfied, please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ur link not working. How can I give google information about my gmail account when I don't have a phone # ***** a gmail tech? Need gmail tech phone#?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can get to my gmail messages via my cell phone app. But I can use my password. It refuses then says no phone# ***** had been on account plus I had alternate email listed but it still refuses for me to sign in. Can I get a gmail tech phone#?. Its odd my gmail account had all my info but now doesn't work.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If you truly wish to speak with someone at Google about gmail, you may call one of the numbers listed below, however the lines are automated, and requesting to speak with someone can lead to hold times up to three hours or more.

1. United States1-***-***-****
  2. United Kingdom +44 (0)20-7031-3000
  3. India+91-80-67218000
  4. Mexico+52 55-5342-8400
  5. Canada+1(###) ###-####/u>
  6. Germany+49 30###-##-####/strong>
  7. Russia+7-***-***-****
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Perhaps this link will be more useful to you. https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2943007?hl=en.

It will give you several options for recovering your password. Just follow the screen prompts step by step.

If you can still access your email via phone I may be able to walk you through getting the password ***** is stored on your phone. Please let me know what type of phone you have and I will list the steps. Alternatively, I can call you and walk you through the steps. For the sake of efficiency, please let me know what type of phone it is and give me a moment to research before the call.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.