Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I am trying to hook windows 7 professional up to my planar

Customer Question

I am trying to hook windows 7 professional up to my planar 2230 touch screen monitor, but nothing seems to work. There is no link to make it a tablet pc in the control panel (windows 7 pro). Does the monitor need to be in HDMI mode in order to work (as a touch screen)?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Did you connected the USB cable supplied with monitor to the computer ? If not please connect it and try again.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer is not hooked up to the internet. I just got it today. I am trying to make a video jukebox.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, if you need remote support you should connect it to internet. Otherwise please try my instructions. Please download the user manual of your monitor http://www.planar.com/media/207634/020-1024-01a-pxl2230mw-user-guide.pdf and follow the instructions to connect it. Your monitor should have three connections. 1. Power Connection, 2. Video Connection (You can use any available video connections HDMI or VGA) 3. Touch Connection (A usb cable connecting computer and monitor)

Regards

Jins