Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Kamil,
, You helped me with EUdora on the 16th and all

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Kamil,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: You helped me with EUdora on the 16th and all worked for only one day. I can receive mail but can not send. Able to both send and receive on AT&T web page.Connecting to the mail serverError reading from network. Cause Connection closed by foreign host (0)Tried all of the - Secure Sockets when Sending options (same error)Added UsePOPSend=1 to Eudora.ini file but still could not SendUsed both outbound.att.net & smtp.att.yahoo.com Neither worked??? does server support SSL & STARTTLS
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checking to see if anyone is there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I still connected? It has been over an hour with no response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am requesting a refund on my credit card payments as I have received no help.
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry, i was not aware of your message. I am now online. Do you want to continue? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?

Yes. I am here. I sent you request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have updated by credit card but keep getting it is not accepted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have updated 3 times and get - Sorry, your payment could not be processed. Please update your payment method on your My Account page and try again.

It is because your bank is declining the payment. Please call your bank to notify them and then accept the request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello????

You need to call bank for which the card is being used. Once you call them and notify them; it should go through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called the bank and requested payment. I then updated my account and still get the same denial.

Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:

https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=305238

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help with this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not if it is going to cost me more since I have already spent $120 and still can't send email using Eudora.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

did you pay us that much ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had two separate sessions Kamil. The first one he managed to get Eudora both to send and receive. That lasted one day and with me being unable to send. SO the 2nd session ( 2 weeks later) he wasn't able to fix the send problem and recommended I switch to Thunderbird.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i would recommend switching would be cheaper and easier and solve problems in the long run

yes eudora has issues with ssl and ttl because it hasnt been updated in years and years and the security methods have.

It also has issues with security certificates because its list of accepted authorities is way out of date as well.

I can usually get past most of them one way or another but no i dont consider it worth spending the money on vs going to a new email program whether its thunderbird or anything else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Robert. I will probably just switch to Thunderbird as I have been using Yahoo on line and it sucks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and have a good day. Bye
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

it will save you time and hassle in the future

you have a good day

if i was helpful i hope you will give me a good rating so i can get credit from the site.

thanks