Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have an HP Evny m6 1255dx notebook pc. I have upgarded to

Customer Question

I have an HP Evny m6 1255dx notebook pc.
I have upgarded to win 10 this year.
I have a problem with my dvd player of sorts I no longer have a media player program to read my dvd for movies
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

First off, please download the following program, VLC Media Player:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Run and install the program following the on-screen directions. Done that, insert the DVD and click "Play DVD Movie" when the autorun window comes up. This should open up the DVD's contents in VLC Media Player itself.

Alternatively, open up My PC, and then right-click on the CD/DVD drive (with the DVD inserted) and select "Open with VLC Media Player". You may also right-click and open up the DVD's contents first, and then double-click on the media file listed to open it up using VLC Media Player itself.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

If you face any issues with downloading or running the VLC Media Player for your DVDs, as directed above, please be sure to reply back to me below. Thank you.