Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a new ASUS notebook. When doing the setup, I must

Customer Question

I have a new ASUS notebook. When doing the setup, I must have hit the wrong button, and my password ***** only partially typed before the notebook continued on in the set up. So when I tried to register the notebook, the password ***** right. I don't know how to change to password ***** the set up, and I don't know how to get back to the registration page. Please help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does the new notebook have Windows 10?

Is it showing any email address at the password ***** login screen? If yes, do you have access to that email address or not?

Is it okay to reset the notebook fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please press and hold the power on/off button on the new Asus netbook for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on, and wait a few minutes or so, then let me know everything it shows on the notebook's screen.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.