Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

VONAGE CUSTOMER AND HAVE BEEN OFF AND ON YEARS. I RECENTLY

Customer Question

I AM A VONAGE CUSTOMER AND HAVE BEEN OFF AND ON FOR MANY YEARS. I RECENTLY MOVED AND BOUGHT A BUNDLE PACKAGE FROM A DISH RETAILER. HE PUT A PACKAGE TOGETHER USING VONAGE. MY INTERNET AND PHONE SUPPOSED TO COME THRU THE HUGHS SATELITE. TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO GET EVERYTHING STRAIGHT SO WE COULD WATCH TV. I FINALLY FIGURED AFTER MUCH FRUSTRATION AND WEEKS OF WAITING WE FINALLY GOT TV. THE SATELITE DISH FROM HUGHSNET WAS INSTALLED ON THE DECK SYSTEM AND THE TECHNICIAN WAS TOLD PROPERTY OWNERS DID NOT ALLOW THAT. WE FINALLY GOT A PHONE WORKING BUTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE CALL US AND WE CALL PEOPLE BUT THEY CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE SAYING. I WANT MY PHONE SERVICE TO BE SWITCHED TO A LAND LINE. OUR HOME IS WIRED FOR PHONES AND I THINK ALL YOU WOULD HAVE TO DO IS SWITCH IT AND IT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM.
MY NOW EXISTING ACCOUNT IS AS FOLLOWS:
WILLIAM LEONARD FOLEY *****APT. 7-B
BOONES MILL, VA. 24065
PHONE NUMBER (###) ###-####
PASSWORD FOLEY 44 ( CAPITAL F)
PIN # *****
I NEED SOME HELP MAKING THIS HAPPEN. I AM A MINISTER AND MY WIFE IS IN COSMETIC BUSINESS AND WE NEED TO MAKE AND RECEIVE MANY CALLS , BUT CANT.
I AM ALSO A DOUBLE OPEN HEART PATIENT AND WE LIVE OUT IN THE COUNTRY. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO STAYWITH VONAGE, WE HAVE BEEN WELL PLEASED BEFORE AND ALSO WHEN I HAD LAST BEFORE MOVING TO WEST VIRGINIA ONE OF YOUR AGENTS SAID I QUALIFIED FOR THE $9,99 FEE FOR A LIFE TIME IM 74 AND WIFE IS 70.
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US ???????????????????????????????
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, this isn't an option, you cannot use vonage via a landline connection. They are 2 entirely separate services.
You can contact your local phone company, and they can set you up with access to the copper landline that would be coming to your house. They are the only provider that can do that.

Hughesnet, or any satellite internet service, is not appropriate for voip based (vonage or otherwise) phone service, and will produce the exact problems you were having. You may have an option for a cellular based landline equivalent (cellular gateway device), but package/bundle options for that would depend on huges and who they are partnering with.

Best regards,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.