Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My new Acer Aspire E 15 is locked up and will not allow any

Customer Question

My new Acer Aspire E 15 is locked up and will not allow any letters to be typed in the "password" space. It indicates the need for a USB with the information necessary to get a new password, but I cannot find any place where I might obtain this USB. I did order the USB System Recovery Drive, but the computer will not accept or load the USB. Basically, "PLEASE HELP"*****@******.***.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Just to clarify, did you restart your laptop and try entering your account password *****?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have had the computer for about 3 weeks now, I have restarted the computer many many times with no change. I have tried entering the password ***** time I have done a restart. NO LETTERS OR NUMBERS will appear in the "password" window. NONE!. The computer will show the current time and date upon restarting, but NOTHING else works, including the USB that is supposed to do a "System Recovery". Very frustrating.
I am ready to ship the computer back if that is an option.
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK; thank you for the info. Be right back with further steps; please stand by.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK, now please look for and click on an icon (with 3/4 of a circle) next to the Power icon at the bottom-right corner of the logon screen. Do you see any option set to ON there, in the Ease of Access options?

Keep me posted.