Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

We keep getting the following message after we use the Check

Customer Question

We keep getting the following message after we use the Check Mail" command:
Logging into POP Server. PASS and then POP server [*****@[email protected]] said: ERR[AUTH] Authentication failed
We have spent five days online and on the phone with Hostgator and they have convinced me that the problem lies with Eudora.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

When did you first start having this issue with receiving emails in Eudora?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ten days ago. Yes you may.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting for a very long time. Can you tell me what you are doing and if you are capable of giving me any help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please accept my apologies for the delay; I did not see your response until now. Providing you with the steps to connect remotely in a moment; kindly stand by.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5a47d412-81db-4373-9db1-371a9929a9ed

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)

I'll then be connected. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

In remote session now. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the remote session. I'll open up your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist further with this issue. Thanks again.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

what version of eudora is it ?

and yes usually it is eudora especially if it is the older 7.1 version as the new one is merely thunderbird with a different wrapper

the older version of eudora does not handle newer security methods like tts /sls well and its list of trusted certificates is 20 years out of date. so it screws up a lot on security handshakes before it downloads