Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

Its past 30 days and I want to go back to windows 8.1 even

Customer Question

its past 30 days and I want to go back to windows 8.1 even if I have to purchase it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lazaro. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. You can install Windows 7 Pro but you'll need to make some changes to the BIOS first.

I don't know the brand and model of your computer, but in general you'd need to first disable secure boot

and enable CMS in Bios.

Have all your data backed up first, though, as this will be a clean install. Boot up from the Win 7 install disk. When you get to the page where it

asks what kind of installation you want to do select Custom. On the next page click Drive options Advanced.

Select each partition and click Delete until the entire capacity of the drive shows as Unallocated.

Click Next and Win 7 should start installing.

It's possible that the recovery partition on your hard drive is still there and you can go back to windows 8.1. I'd need to know about your computer though.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lazaro. Can you tell me the status of your issue?