Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I have asus zen ux301lA ... This comes with 512gb ssd..

Customer Question

I have asus zen ux301lA ... This comes with 512gb ssd.. 256gb + 256GB... But this is not enough for me.. I want to upgrade this to 1tb.. but looks like i can't find any info regarding upgrading ux301la... But i found this ssd drvie online.. does this samsung ssd work with my zen??? Samsung 500GB 850 Evo M.2 SSD
or is there any possible way that i can upgrade this laptop ??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. Yes, you can do the upgrade.

The UX301 uses a non standard connector for the SSD. You can purchase an adapter in order to use a standard M.2 SATA SSD from eBay for $20. The product is manufactured by SINTECH.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPATIBILTY CHECK << if you are on the zen when you go to the link you can check for compatibility by downloading the Crucial System Scanner or from a different pc enter the Asus info in the dropdown menus.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked crucial and according to them .." Crucial currently does not have any compatible upgrades available for your particular system."So how do I upgrade this... I have UX301LA... you have to include LA at the end... are you sure I can upgrade the ssd to 1tb?

yes, it is upgradeable. Sorry about the Crucial site.I was looking at an earlier model.. You can get the correct ssd from my digital, no adapter needed. >>PLEASE CLICK HERE<<