Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Lookig help/ got a used lap top and looking to download

Customer Question

hey!lookig for some help/ got a used lap top and looking to download windows 10 from windows 8. wont let me. got thisCode C1900101 code... not liking it. what can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

uninstall any anti virus or registry tuner type software.

then try it again.

in fact if you just bought the pc and there isnt much on it your best bet is probably to do a factory reset on it. then before you do anything else with it

upgrade it to windows 8.1

and then do the win 10 upgrade

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try that. But just know I'm super upset that I have to pay u 35 diary for customer sevice. If it doesn't work the. What? I'm out 35 dollars? I'm upset. It told me the download would be for free but it's not. Customer service should be free. It should be something g u wanna help with ad not make Money off of. Thanks k u for this. Merry xmas.

if you want to speak with the people that sold it to you thats ok with me.

I work for a third party company that answers questions and helps people. This is what we do for a living. We don't sell computers or operating systems.

I don't get anything at all unless you rate my service.

I will be happy to help you and keep helping you until you are happy. But please don't get upset at me for trying to make a living or because you think the people that sold you the computer should have done more.