Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Need help downloading music to my Mp3 player

Customer Question

need help downloading music to my Mp3 player
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

this can be kind of tricky here, so i think you need some background in data files, and how the DRM (digital rights management) worked its way into the world of Music, and how the magic of compression works for audio files

.

The Music can be purchased in several different ways, and the classic MP3 file in my opinion was the best, ***** ***** a reasonable Bit rate of 320 Kbps, which has a decent sound, but a kind of large fiel size. But these days they dont like to let you HAVE a copy of the digital audio file, and they try to restrict you from transferring it from one device to another. Essentially making a COPY! and as we all know COPYING it is illegal.

.

just a little sample of how the restriction works, So Itunes lets you have a copy of music you purchased form the itunes store, or from amazon, whatever....you can have a copy on your computer, and on a portable device, but only if it is an apple portable device.

.

But i need to knwo EXACTLY what portable music device you have, so i can pull the manual and user information so i can tell you how BEST to get music ONTO the device.

Typically, in order to put music that was purchased as a digital file to start with, on a MP3 player, you will use some kind of software that will check to make sure you are NOT copying the file, and instead are allowed through checking with the DRM if placing it on the portable MP3 device is legal. Some MP3 players will COME WITH this software, while others dont, and are ONLY useful with a classic audio file, with no DRM attached to the file.

.

So it depends on the portable device you have, on what you can and can NOT do with it, and ofcoursse HOW the music must be formatted and transferred.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** told Eclipse about you, they said they do not sell their answers! Therefore, I must have accidently got you, somehow. It was a mistake!

Okay....so you don't need any help then?