Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I am unable to get my Dell Latitude to start and would like

Customer Question

Customer: I am unable to get my Dell Latitude to start and would like to transfer all the content to another laptop.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Dell has been in storage for 5 years and last time it was opened it worked, but now all I get is a black screen. It never starts, so I was thinking I could connect to my current laptop and transfer the content to my working laptop.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

To recover the data from the old laptop, remove the hard drive and connect it to

your current laptop.

You'll need a SATA-to -USB adapter to connect the drive to your laptop.

This one will do what you need:

http://www.ayagroup.com/product.php?productid=19759&gclid=CNyToezz-ckCFU6QHwodpBYNnA

Once connected, Windows will assign a drive letter and the disk will show up in This PC/My Computer/Computer

on your laptop.