Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My computer won't shut off with the screen saying "Logging

Customer Question

My computer won't shut off with the screen saying "Logging Off" and just frozen, (Windows 7 Home Premium). Re-starting computer doesn't help.
Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you shut off the computer and turn it back on, as soon as you turn it back on does it still show the logging off screen?

or does it boot into windows normally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I turn the computer off and then re-boot it and the screen just shows a "Logging Off" message on a blue screen, and just stays like that.
I am at my office right now,and the problem computer is at home, so I don't have easy access to it.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.. When you do return home, what we should try and shoudl work.. Is a safe mode start and then a system restore in safe mode.

To start in safe mode.. When you first press the power button to turn on the computer, rapidly tap the F8 key.

This should take you to an advanced boot options screen, choose safe mode with networking.

Then, once loaded into safe mode.. Complete this system restore.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier point, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin,
Didn't work- Couldn't get into "safe mode" by turning computer on-off and repeatedly hitting the "F8" key repeateldy. Talked to a tech at Dell and he said I need to re-install Windows 7, (which, ironically they did not give me a copy of).
Since you didn't solve my problem with your answer, (and if an additiional answer from you would be to re-install the operating system, which I now know),I don't think I should pay anything, but, if you want, charge me the $5 mentioned in your beginning emails.
Sorry you couldn't help me.