IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am trying to redeem a gift card on my brothers tablet.

Customer Question

I am trying to redeem a gift card on my brothers tablet. Unfortunately it accepted the card number but it went to a google account that the password ***** longer works. I think the account was set up when he had a contract with Verizon and he no longer has that contract, so has the account expired? If I set up a new google account for him, will or can the card that is sitting on that old account be used on his new account. He is 78 years old and loves playing the games in google store but he is not a tech person. Please help me if you can. Thank you so very much.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Maurice replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help you with this query. If he would register for the new google account, then the value of the gift card would not be transferable (if the card number was already accepted). But, it should be possible to regain the access to the old account, as they don't expire. Most likely he just forgot his password, which you (him) can try to reset it via: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Regards, Maurice

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In my original question I had told you that we did try to reset the password ***** it would not accept anything we put in. Also when I tried to complete my question to you your system did not let me proceed past the password ***** It kept asking me for my password ***** I didn't know I had one, so when I requested a new one your system then told me that an account already existed in my name. At that point I thought that I had wasted my money and my question had not gone through to you. I was very surprised when I heard from you and very disappointed in your incomplete answer and your website problem. Thanks for what you did do.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

If you still require assistance, please type the old account address here that was used to redeem a gift card and I will check if there is a way to regain access to that account.

Thanks,