Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My sanyo is stuck on the home use/store use screen and I can

Customer Question

my sanyo is stuck on the home use/store use screen and I can not change it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Press and hold down the power button for 40 seconds it will shut down the unit, wait for 3 mins and then push and release the power button it should fix the problem. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

can you tell me the model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've unplugged the unit and plugged it back it, I've tried a universal remote, I've tried hitting the enter button, no other buttons on the remote work except to switch back and forth between home setup and store setup. Hang on while I get the model number.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DP42D23
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Please confirm its a Sanyo DP42D23 42" 1080p 60Hz D-LED HDTV

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. And there are no manual buttons on the TV itself.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Unplug the tv from the mains remove the power cable from the power socket after removing it wait for 2 mins and then press and hold down the power button on the tv for 40 seconds without connecting the power cable.

Release the power button after holding it down for 40 seconds and wait for 2 more mins. Connect the power cable and power the tv on and let me know if it still gets stuck on the Sanyo splash screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You want me to do this without power to the tv?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, brb
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hang on, have to do it again. I forgot to wait the second 2 minutes and I turned it right back on and still have the screen!!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

its still stuck on the sanyo splash?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

How old is the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not working!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

How old is the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
less than 2 yrs old. never had an issue with it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to say but the problem seems to be with the main motherboard of the tv as its stuck and not moving further to the menu screen or the remote will function only if it has passed the Sanyo screen. I can tell you that the problem is with the main motherboard of the tv which will require a repair. If you tv is in extended warranty then you can get it repaired for free from any of the Sanyo service center. I really dont want to say after diagnosing the problem that it cannot be fixed till its repaired. the problem is with the Sanyo bios chipset on the motherboard that will have to be replaced by a qualified Tv service engineer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes i am, did you receive my reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did and it's disappointing to say the least. Will I be charged for this then?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

In this case is a hardware failure i can tell you what part has faulted and is bad however i cannot make a bad part work till its repaired and replace the bad chip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should not be charged.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

You have already paid for the service in advance however as i said i could only diagnose the problem and the problem can only be fixed if its not a hardware. I have tried all possible ways to check and have answered your question which has resulted in identifying the problem with the main tv board, now you are confident that the tv needs a repair and not a settings modification that would make it work again.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask i would be more than glad to reply and answer your question. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.
Thank you for using our service.