Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

You made updates to my computer on 12/18. I have been having

Customer Question

You made updates to my computer on 12/18. I have been having problem since then.
The startup is very slow. When using file explorer when I try to open a folder, It shows
me a green bar and informs me that you are working on it. when I open a folder or
picture, the right click will not bring up the drop box with things I should be able to do.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm an independent computer tech; I will help you with this. Please try this first possible solution:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK. Then click on Next, then click on the box Show more restore points at the bottom, and select any date before this issue first occurred and Next / finish, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If that does not work, here is another possible solution:

- Right-click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Command Prompt (Admin), and confirm Yes if prompted

, then type:

sfc /scannow

, then press Enter key

, then wait for it to finish scanning (it should take about 30 minutes.)

, then check and restart the computer, and check.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.