Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have recently changed Internet servers - from Century Link

Customer Question

I have recently changed Internet servers - from Century Link to Charter Spectrum.
Please tell me how to transfer my Contact and e-mailed contact lists from one server
to the other.
Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to access both email accounts right now?

Do you use the webmail / websites for emails, or do you use an email program, like Outlook, Windows Live mail, Thunderbird, etc.?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. Since I do not know if you go to the email website to use email, or if you use a specific email client program, so I'm going to provide some general answers for now. When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue.

STEP 1: Exporting contacts from CenturyLink email:

- If you've been using your Centurylink email at the Centurylink website, then when you are in your CenturyLink email website:

http://centurylink.net/

, please do the following:

1. Select the Address Book tab (If needed, click on option See Full Inbox first, then click on Address Book tab.)

2. In the Address Book Overview pane, click Edit.

3. Select the Address Book to export

4. Click the link in the Export to .CSV field. (The Opening <address book name> dialog appears.)

5. Click Save to Disk and click OK.

6. Select where to save the file.

7. Click Save.

STEP 2: Importing contacts to Charter email:

- If you use Charter email at the Charter website http://www.charter.net/

, then in your Charter email, please do the following:

1. Click on the Contacts tab at the top of the page.
  2. Click More and choose Import from the dropdown menu.
  3. Click Choose File and the contact file you've exported previously and click Open to import.

- If you use an email client program, such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, etc., then when you go Contacts / address book, check for the Import / Export option there. In Contacts, you may need to click on the menu File or Tools at the top, then look for the option Open / Import / Export, etc.

Please let me know more details, so I can help further.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.