Breland
Breland, Sr. IT Administrator
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional
91054880

I have a company that says they work with you and they do

Customer Question

I have a company that says they work with you and they do driver updates. they recommended to install latest drivers for windows 7 professional. Driver update HPP7-1107T. Company is Slimware Utilities Holdings, Inc. I let this happen on one computer and now they are trying to do this on my other computer. I get interrupted on my computer when they want to do this quite frequently. Is this from you and how important is this?
I would like to delete them from my computer, but not sure what it would do to my hard drive. Elsie
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Hello Elsie. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to answer your questions today.

Slimware Utilities Holdings is not affiliated with Just Answers or any computer manufacturer. It is a 3rd party vendor that provides the same updates which are available from the manufacturer's website.

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Personally, I would never use a service like Slimware. Your computer should be updated but I wouldn't recommend a 3rd party vendor. These types of vendors may compromise the security of your computers.

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Now, I don't mean to alarm you. Slimware doesn't have a bad reputation but the fact that they have access to your computer is alarming to me, as an IT professional.

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Operating system updates should be installed regularly for optimum performance and security but I would let Microsoft Update take care that. As for hardware driver updates, these are not quite as important and can be updated as needed.

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

If you would like to uninstall Slimware, this is definitely possible. Doing so will not hurt your hard drive. It is only a "convenience" software, not a necessary one.

If I have answered all your questions, please kindly rate me. If not, or you would like my remote assistance to remove Slimware, please let me know and I will be happy to continue to assist you. Thanks and happy holidays!

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Hello Elsie, were you able to resolve this issue?