Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

While trying to get online I receive a certificate errors

Customer Question

while trying to get online I receive a certificate errors warning on my hp desktop with windows 7.should I call a repair person or is there a simpler solution.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Hello Jim. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

Could you please tell me what these certificate errors are saying or post a screenshot of them?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is a problem with this websites security certificate .the security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website address.security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. That is very helpful. May I ask which website you are trying to get to?
These certificate errors can be a sign that the website you're trying to access cannot be validated as a trusted location. You can get around it but it is not recommended to do so. I can help check if the website is safe. Otherwise, you can accept the risk and proceed.

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

If you would like to proceed, just simply click Continue to this website (not recommended) on the certificate error blocking page. If you'd like me to check it, I can do so rather quickly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
was not trying to reach any site. tried to access google and received error message.
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Ok, thank you. Do you know what version of Internet Explorer you are using? While in Internet Explorer, you can locate the version by pressing "ALT" and then at the top toolbar, click "Help" then "About Internet Explorer".

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Also, if you prefer, I can do a remote session to your computer and fix the issue for you.