Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I notice this is a problem others are dealing with. Google

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, ***** *****. I notice this is a problem others are dealing with. Google has taken over my computer. Just downloaded Windows 10 and got rid of it for a while but it's baaaaaaaaaaaack.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: On Windows 8, the E simply no longer worked. Then it disappeared. Now, with Windows 10, the E is still on the screen but does not work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll pay $36 but don't want my name posted anywhere.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Sir/Ma'am do you get any error message when you try to open edge browser (e icon) or it wont do anything ?

Do you have any other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome installed ?

Which anti-virus is installed in the PC?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below. You will also get email notification in your email too.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have opened a new question to reply to me please reply back to me on this page.

Sincerely,

Note: -To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have Google Chrome as well. Have Malwarebyte and Advanced System Care 8 which was installed AFTER the first go-round with this problem. Everyone thought I had a virus. I have a Samsung tablet synced up with my HP laptop. It asked me how I wanted to receive info and I said Google always. Since that moment, I have had trouble with the laptop. I believe Google and Explorer are in a struggle for control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there??
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Yes i am here one moment please while check your reply.

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am just to clarify currently windows 10 default browser is set to Chrome and you want Internet explorer to be the default web browser am i correct?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had Explorer set up as my default browser. My tablet which was synced with my laptop was given Google. Big mistake.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am confused is this browser issue on tablet or PC? sorry for asking you again and again

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is with the laptop. I want Explorer to be the control.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for clarifying it.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we continue this tomorrow??
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sure we can do this tomorrow.Let me know a time feasible for you with the time zone.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 4:14pm here at this time. You pick the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer 10:00am.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That time seems to be fine with me too even though i am in a different time zone.In here the current time is 2:47AM so we will continue 10:00am Wednesday.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.