Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

G'day Viet, once again I am having trouble with my

Customer Question

G'day Viet, once again I am having trouble with my printer, Make Brother- J6720DW. It has a status of offline and now is not recognised as the default printer. The computer is using Windows 10, regards, Chris
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was there any change to your computer or internet modem/router recently that may have caused this issue?

Did the power cord got disconnected from the printer and/or modem/router?

Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0692ff83-7ad5-421f-93a9-1e8829fe3e5c

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

The computer was restarting. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely again:

Is the computer back on yet?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there, so I'm away for now. When you are available, please reply back to continue. And/or you can continue with the following fix:

STEP 1. Turn off printer

, then disconnect the power cords from both the printer and the internet modem / router device for a few minutes, then re-connect.

STEP 2. On the printer, please do the following.

1. Press Settings (which is the wrench/tool icon.)
  2. Press All Settings. (This step might be skipped in some models.)
  3. Press the Up or Down arrow to display Network. (This step might be skipped in some models.)
  4. Press Network.
  5. Press the Up or Down arrow and then press Network Reset.
  6. Reset Network? will be displayed. Press Yes.
  7. Reboot OK? will be displayed. Press Yes for 2 seconds to confirm.
  8. The machine will re-start.

, then do only one of the 3 options below:

A.) If the Ethernet/network cable is connected from the printer to the internet modem/router device, then make sure it is connected securely on both printer and modem/router device. For more details see at

http://i.imgur.com/SbOgV6c.jpg

B.) If the printer is wireless (i.e., there is no cable connected from printer to modem/router or from printer computer), then on the printer's screen, press the WiFi icon, then select the option Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wifi/wireless network name. You can click on the website below for full wifi/wireless instructions:

http://i.imgur.com/cgUYdd6.jpg

NOTE: If you print with wireless connection with either option Ethernet cable or WiFi/wireless, then do not connect the USB printer cable from the the printer to the computer.

C.) If the printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, then disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.

STEP 3. I have downloaded the printer's driver / software file. Please open the yellow folder icon at the bottom

; (or you can click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen, then click on File Explorer)

, then open the option Downloads on the left

, then there, open the file called MFC-J6720DW-inst... and install it

; follow the on-screen instructions during installation. Make sure to select the correct Connection type when prompted, i.e., USB or Ethernet or Wireless when prompted.

, then your printer should work again.

Note: If you do not see the file MFC-J6720DW-inst..., then you can download and install the printer's driver and software at the Brother website below:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=mfcj6720dw_us_eu_as&os=10013&dlid=dlf006692_000&flang=4&type3=11

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.