Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My name is ***** ***** Norris, I was on with someone else a

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Norris, I was on with someone else a few minutes ago. My question related to my son having taken over my computer and stealing my docs. from my PC and using a password ***** each of my docs. so that I can't access it. I am 92 yrs. and the docs are the story of my life from age 3 yrs. including 2.5 years in New Guinea as Radio Op. for an Engineering Unit which served as Divisional Engineers for Australian 6th Division, A.I.F. fighting the Japanese invasion forces. I have the print-out hard copy of my story but as soon as I try to use that in order to have edited my story in Chapter by Chapter book form, my son can place pass-words onto each chapter so that I can't access it. I have enquired from the IT man at my e-mail source but he knows of no way by which he can help me. Son has his own Icon figure on my screen and my PC advises me if I cancel that out, then all the documents that he has already taken will disappear and the docs of mine which may remained in my PC will each have a pass-word of his on it so that I won't be able to access them. I have hard copy of each chapter but if I commence to edit and re-write it into my PC, as he sees it he can place his pass-word onto it and take that doc. into his P.C. I am presently at war with Canon over their supply of a Manual for a Canon Pixma all-in-one MG6660 which I bought 3/09/15 but the flimsy manual which they supplied was for an MG6600 and the CD ROM was for the same printer, the MG6600. I have reported them to Fair Trade, Australia, but before Canon would answer my complaint they sent me a reply asking me for details of my Visa or other Bank Card, after which they would send me their answer?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The whole point is that whatever I receive - including in and out e-mails, and anything that I type into my PC, son John can access it and place his own pass-word onto it - thus rendering it impossible for me to access. If I try to erase his distinguishing icon - which is a head and shoulders outline image - all the docs which he has removed from my PC will disappear with it, or so my computer warns me. As I stated beforehand, I may have to rely on an appeal to Veterans' Affairs who pay my Aged Pension plus a disability allowance for deafness in one ear as a result of my wartime radio op experience and claim Invasion of Privacy against my son. Best of luck.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll wait - it's afternoon-tea time. ***** ***** N.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jack, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Very sorry to hear about your problem with your son.

How long ago did he put the password ***** the word files?

May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,