Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

II can't remember by password galaxy 6. I would not read my

Customer Question

II can't remember by password ***** new galaxy 6. I would not read my fingerprint. Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it give you the option to enter your google / gmail email address / email password ***** a few tries?

Is it okay to reset the phone fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide you the fix for fixing this issue that you can try when you are available. Since the password ***** ***** then phone needs to be reset. Since the phone is new anyway, resetting it will let you start over fresh. Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the device (by pressing and holding Power key, then tap on option Power Off, and confirm.)
  2. Press and hold at the same time the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key. Keep holding these 3 keys.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy S6 logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
  4. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up key and the Home key ('Installing system update' usually shows for about 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu appears).
  5. Press the Volume Down key several times key to highlight the option 'wipe data / factory reset.'
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until option 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
  8. Press Power key to select and it will start the reset process.
  9. When the reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.
  11. Then it will let you set up the phone again with a new password ***** want. Make sure you remember your password ***** time.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you need, please click on the website below for video instruction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qlNROsdM5k

If there is still any issue, please reply back at the box below, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,