Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

New computer (Dell) with Windows 10. Had no problems

Customer Question

New computer (Dell) with Windows 10. Had no problems printing documents, etc, until recently. Now when I bring up document and go to print, I get a screen titled 'save print out put as' and a bar that asks for the file name. No matter what file name I try to insert, it won't print.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

You have the wrong printer selected.

When you go to print on the options where it says things like how many copies to print one of the boxes will show what printer is selected. It probably says some funny name like microsoft xps writet or something pdf printet.

You want to click on that to your normal printer

You can also go to your devices and printers folder and make sure that your normal printer is set to default and ready