Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I accepted an offer from Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10.

Customer Question

I accepted an offer from Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10. As a part of the process, I had to create a password ***** I did and wrote down so I would not forget it. Several times since I changed to Windows 10, I will have to enter the password ***** no apparent reason. Each previous time, I entered the password ***** got clear of the obstruction to gain access to my computer - until yesterday. I was asked to enter the password ***** I had written down and had entered several times before, and a message claims that I have entered an incorrect password. I did not enter an incorrect password, but Windows 10 claims that I have, so I do not have access to my computer. I would appreciate your either fixing the problem at Windows 10 or sending me another password ***** the password ***** any instructions about what I should do should be sent to my wife`s computer since I don`t have access to mine. Her E-mail address is xxxxxxxxx, and my E-mail is xxxxxxxxxx
James XXXXXXX
PS: This experience is very frustrating.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

is your user id in the form of an email address ?