Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

DIFFICULTY WITH THE SPELL CHECK FEATURE WHEN USING WINDOWS

Customer Question

I'M HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THE SPELL CHECK FEATURE WHEN USING WINDOWS WORD 10 FOR OFFICE, HOME, STUDENTS ... ALL SYSTEMS REBOOT AND CHECK OUT OK INCLUDING THE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR DRIVERS... WE RESEARCHED MICROSOFT PROBLEM FIXERS @ MICROSOFT SUPPORT FOR SPELL CHECKER AND AGAIN ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO AFTER REBOOT AND SYSTEM ERROR FIND AND SEEM TO RESPOND CORRECTLY AS FOR A NEW DOCMENT THE RED LINE ERROR BAR APPEARS AS I TYPE BUT AS SOON AS I ASSIGN A .docx NAME TAG TO THE FILE AND THEN GO BACK AND RETRIEVE IT THE SPELL CHECK OPTION FAILS TO WORK AND CAN'T BE RECOVERED. THEN THE SPELLING & GRAMMER OPTION "LOOKS" AT A PAGE FULL OF SPELLING ERRORS AND RESPONDS AS BEING SPELLING ERROR FREE, WHICH IT IS NOT ....
I SEEM TO NOT BE ABLE TO FIND A SPELLING & GRAMMAR ERROR CORRECTOR OPTION FOR WINDOWS AND THE CORRECTIVE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TOP EDGE STATES THAT "spell checker does not respond to mispelled words in Word 10"... IS THERE NOT A GRAMMER & SPELLING ERROR CORRECTOR FOR WINWORD 10 ANYWHERE ???
***** *****ON
@ ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 11 months ago.

To avoid a back & forth "try this, I already tried that" waste of both our time please tell us exactly what Microsoft fixes you have tried already please?