Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a Parent that I am trying to communicate via Skype

Customer Question

I have a Parent that I am trying to communicate via Skype with at present I can hear them they cannot hear anything from us. I have had different forms of video chat with different people using Skype and they can hear me fine. My parents can hear everything else using their computer (Videos and Music). Obviously the problem appears to be something to do with Skype but for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is. I am now at the point where I need help. My kids are wanting to say Merry Christmas to their grandparents. I am very frustrated and appreciate your earliest response.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

May i connect with you remotely to check this for you? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Reluctantly I am against remotely because their are three computers involved and that scares me. I would much more appreciate a more verbal answer to the problem so we don't have to expose are selves thanks

Since they cannot hear from you, i would suggest that you check and switch your Mic from Tools -> Options -> Audio Settings. Make sure the mic is working, if not then it is the mic that can be faulty. Let me know. Remote would have been easier to test and troubleshoot. Technical issues are not always straight forward, and usually most of them can't be fixed with a one line answer.

Also ask parents to make a skype test call, and see if they can hear themselves during the test call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have done all that

Since you've done all that, i can not suggest anything else other then a faulty mic on your end, if it works for others and not just the parents, then it is something that needs to be looked at. However, since you don't want remote, we have the option here of letting other experts assist. This will make me opt out and open the question to them. Shall i go ahead and do it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello are you saying that when they do a Skype test call they can hear themselves back please?