Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Using windows 10, how can I logon to websites using

Customer Question

Using windows 10, how can I logon to websites using fingerprint reader. I am using an Eikon reader and I am setup in Windows Hello correctly. Supposedly I can do without typing in passwords using fingerprint reader or an 3D infared camera. Computer has a 6th generation Intel chip.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry but I looked up your product and the functionality that you are expecting is not supported. The fingerprint device can not be configured to sign you into websites it can only be used to sign into windows without a pin or password ***** windows hello. If I could suggest a product that does support your needs is the lenovo fingerprint reader and password ***** The password ***** is what you are looking for - it is where you put a website - your username and password ***** when you goto the site you can use the product to sign in

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

You can use Windows Hello to sign into your computer but the feature of accessing websites without logging in, is not part of that feature. You can use Windows built-in feature called Passport that allows for a one-time password ***** of manually entering each password ***** every website.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.