Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have two email addresses that I have been using. reason

Customer Question

I have two email addresses that I have been using for years. For some reason one of those addresses quit working. I can send from it but can't receive. I removed and then added again but same thing. I use Outlook connector to receive my emails from my site regalrenovations.com which is hosted by Melbourne IT, a site that I was referred to when Microsoft stop hosting my site I created through Microsoft.
What am I doing wrong with this email address? Heeeeeelp!
Tom (###) ###-####***@******.***
Email address that is not working -***@******.*** I can receive email being sent to this email address on my cell phone but not the computers (2). I can send from my computer and it goes through. I check "Sent email" and there is nothing there.!?!?!?!?!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello Tom, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I would LOVE to get to help you with this, but it will require that I connect to your computer to do a REMOTE SESSION, as I cant see wht settings you have, nor do I know if the company hosting your site is UP, or if it is DOWN.

.

Woud you like to proceed? Please accept the additional services offer to proceed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to stat this all over. I tried to stop my initial description of the problem I am having and wrote the problems in a different request thinking I got the job done but it did not go through that way. I don't see why it would cost $29.00 for you to log on to my computer as others have done that at no additional cost to me. I have a few problems that I need to find someone with the ability to fix them. I would pay the $29.00 for you to log onto my computer as well as a single one time fee to fix these problems but I need these problems fixed, not played with. Microsoft tried 3 times to fix my problems and HP logged on to my computer only to tell me this piece of junk is working properly and is compatible with Windows 10. The Geek squad says that many computers will not run with Windows 10 and this computer is one of them.
Like I say, I'll pay your charges gladly IF you can fix my problems without having to reload all my programs.
Apparently my problems are either very hard to fix or they or not fixable because this laptop will not work with windows 10. If you are still game to try to fix this thing please let me know. This computer will be 1 year old on Christmas day.
Thanks
Tom(###) ###-####
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

if it is only a year old it should work with windows 10

i can call you and log in remotely but i require an additional services fee.

something that you can do to check if the email server is working and you have the right information for it is to go to

www.mail2web.com and put the information in there the same way that you do in outlook and see if you can access it through there servers. they might be using different servers for mobile apps and you can use the mobile servers through outlook. it might be something silly like a rule deleting them or sending them to a folder you arent looking in. I am a lot better at finding these things than the geek squad. their usual procedure is to hire kids cheap and tell them if they cant fix it in 10 minutes try to sell you a new computer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have multiple problems with this laptop. Since loading Windows 10 the computer will not shut dow all the way unless I hold the on/off button. If it goes to sleep I have to do the same thing {shut down and restart). I set mouse settings so my pad does not work and have to reset that when I start the computer again. The email problem-I have 2 email addresses from the same host. One works and one will not. Set up multiple times and no good.
I realize you need to be compensated and I will agree to pay your connection fee as well as the fee to fix these problems. I would like to know what the total will be and what happens to these charges if you can't fix my problems. I'm not trying to be a horses ass but I just can't afford to pay the fee only to be told that it is not fixable. Many have tried but all have failed!
If your still game to do this I am game to accept your offer if you agree that thee will be no charges if you are unable to fix these problems.

the remote fee is an additional 25

i dont know what the original fee is because the site has a lot of subscription plans and other offers. to be sure you need to email them at***@******.***

it is all refundable if you are not happy.