Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Doing factory restore on Aspire one D270-1375. Stalls at

Customer Question

Doing factory restore on Aspire one D270-1375. Stalls at installing MS Office. How do I bypass Office and complete restore?
Thanks, George
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome George

How exactly are you doing the factory restore? What steps are you undertaking?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At + F10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, you cannot bypass the install of Office, its all one automated procedure George, but it should complete, how long did you give it to complete? as the process can take a few hours.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made several attempts, left restore running even over night. It just stalls at Office installing...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, what exactly happens now when you start it George?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It processes to step 36/53 Installing Office 2010 and freezes at that point. I do not want Office. Originally it may had the Office Trial but I never ordered it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is not Office its the hard drive George. First, you cannot bypass this, but the issue is that the sectors that its trying to access has faulted and its not able to read the data, which is why it freezes. This is a hardware fault.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Aspire to have the hard drive replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your Time.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome, if you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via the stars at the top and then submit please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

.