Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My pc has a virus

Customer Question

My pc has a virus
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

When did you first start having this issue with the virus/malware?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue for you?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
about 3 days ago you may access
Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8380593f-db27-4490-a001-5e784532f7a4

Click 'I Agree'. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

If you face any issues with downloading or running the remote file as requested, please be sure to reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

It looks like you are having some issues with downloading/running the remote file, as directed. Please do this now:

Press the Windows key + R (on your keyboard) to bring up the RUN box.

Type in rstrui and press ENTER.

When the System Restore window comes up, select "Choose a different restore point" and click Next.

Next, TICK the "Show more restore points" checkbox, and then select a restore point dated BEFORE you first started having this issue with the malware.

Click Next > Finish. Allow the restore process to complete; this should roll back the virus/malware issue as well.

You may get back to this question page after the restore is complete, through your emails received from JustAnswer. Do keep me posted.

Expert:  Barun replied 11 months ago.

If you are unable to open up the restore window either, just let me know. Thank you.