Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My pc has a virus

Customer Question

My pc has a virus
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

When did you first start having this issue with the virus/malware?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue for you?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 3 days ago you may access
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8380593f-db27-4490-a001-5e784532f7a4

Click 'I Agree'. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

If you face any issues with downloading or running the remote file as requested, please be sure to reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you are having some issues with downloading/running the remote file, as directed. Please do this now:

Press the Windows key + R (on your keyboard) to bring up the RUN box.

Type in rstrui and press ENTER.

When the System Restore window comes up, select "Choose a different restore point" and click Next.

Next, TICK the "Show more restore points" checkbox, and then select a restore point dated BEFORE you first started having this issue with the malware.

Click Next > Finish. Allow the restore process to complete; this should roll back the virus/malware issue as well.

You may get back to this question page after the restore is complete, through your emails received from JustAnswer. Do keep me posted.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

If you are unable to open up the restore window either, just let me know. Thank you.