Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have been getting calls from Tex fix Now they have messed

Customer Question

I have been getting calls from Tex fix Now they have messed with my computer and went to Best Buys a couple of week ago got it fixed..This morning they called again said I was having problems I hung up on them and contacted you. Thank you for your help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. Are you still having issues with your computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No just the phone calls that concern me. Last time they threatened me with shutting down my computer.
I am 77 yrs old and this is my way of keeping in contact with my family.
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

I completely understand. I'm sorry to hear you are getting these kind of calls.
There is nothing they can do unless you give them access. If Best Buy properly cleaned your computer and you are not seeing any issues with it (like pop-up windows), then you will be ok.

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, individuals like this attempt to prey upon people who are unsure of technology allowing them to walk right in, so to speak. You did the right thing by hanging up.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A month ago when I went to the geeksquad at Best Buys in town they told me to contact you to go thru my .
Yes I am getting quite a few pop-ups..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did not have a good going thru because I have already paid for this service they told me I could go online and have it done with no cost.
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

There is a site that provides an excellent scanner for eliminating malware on a computer. I have used it for years as an IT professional. It is free and I would advise running it on your computer. It is very simple to use and I'd be happy to walk you through it, if you'd like.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why do I have to pay if I already paid for
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Which service did you pay for? It shows that you have a subscription with Just Answers (which is us). Who did Best Buy tell you to contact?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK what is it?
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

On the left hand side, there is a green button that says "Run Scanner". Click that button.

Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Or you can click the button that says "Run Eset Online Scanner". Either one will work. You do not want to click the one that says "Free Download".

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, I will try that..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I hit the green button and nothing happened. I do need to take my husband to the doctor at 10am, can I go back there when I get home.
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

Yes. You can access it at anytime.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Breland replied 11 months ago.

You are welcome.