IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Ie only shows on bottom half of screen also 2 different

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****,ie only shows on bottom half of screen also 2 different colors on desktop andicons all over screen .I have windows8 laptop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i think that is all .i am not pc savy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: o.k. i can wait and will pay if satisfied
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

To confirm, the problem is with your Windows 8 computer?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
windows 8 seems to be the problem I told u except pc is very slow to star and sometimes slow when looking things up
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did u get my answer .just asking since pc is insane at this time
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the information!

It is possible that there are many programs added to Windows startup that can slow down the computer. You can use the built-in System Configuration tool to temporary disable some of the startup programs and check the results.

Here are the instructions:

1. Press the Windows Logo key and R keys simultaneously to bring up the Run box

2. There type msconfig and press Enter

3. System Configuration window will open. Click on the Startup tab

4. There you can see all programs that automatically start with Windows. To temporary disable a program for auto-starting, un-check its check-box. If you want to temporary disable all startup programs on the list, click the Disable all button

5. To save changes, click OK and then click the Restart button. Your computer will restart, and next time you log into your account, programs you un-checked won't be started. To start them manually, click on the program's icon

Let me know if this helped speed up the computer.