Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

S. Chowes
, Can't sign into aol.com email
, Yes

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** S. Chowes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can't sign into aol.com email
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When you sign in your aol email account, does it say incorrect username or password? Or something else, etc.?

Have you tried anything?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Step 1

Visit the "My Account" page https://myaccount.aol.com/

Step 2

Click the "Forgot Password?" link in the sign-in form.

Step 3

Enter the AOL username for which you've forgotten the password ***** the subsequent form, as well as the CAPTCHA (Random numbers and letters) information. Click the "Next" button.

Step 4

Select the option to receive a verification email at the alternative email listed in your AOL account, if you have previously one. If you have, but you don't remember the email address you listed, click the "hint" link in the verification section to see it partially identified. Click the "Next" button, then check the inbox of this email address for the verification email; click the link in the email to go to the password ***** page.

Step 5

Enter a mobile telephone number at which you can receive a verification code via SMS text if you don't have an alternate email address listed in your account or if you want to use an alternative verification method. Click the "Send" button; once you receive the SMS text on your phone, enter the code into the form and click the "Next" button to go to the password ***** page.

Step 6

Answer a security question you've previously assigned to your account as an alternative to the SMS and email password ***** methods. With this method, you must also enter either an alternative email address or enter the first and last name of the account holder.

Step 7

Enter your new password ***** the "Create Your New Password" page, then type it again in the form. Your new password ***** be between six and 16 characters and is case-sensitive. Click "Next" to finish setting your new password.

Regards
Jins